I am always on the hunt for the perfect lip balm and I don't really feel as though I 'm asking for the world when I say that what I would love is to discover a lip balm that:
- Moisturises my lips (this sounds so obvious but I can't tell you how many I've tried that don't)
- Does NOT leave my lips feeling agonisingly dry within and hour of using it.
- Feels nice on my lips
- Doesn't make me look anaemic (think Rose's blueish lips in Titanic at the end)
- Not too dry
- Not too watery
If you ever find a lip balm that ticks all of these boxes then please let me know and I will be eternally grateful, I've found 3 contenders. One is a humble 99p Nivea, the other from Nuxe and number 3 is below!
|As much as I like pretty graphics I'm very much a sucker for the medical looking packaging, love this.|
This lip balm is from Bioderma, it also comes in a liquid? tube form but I do like a good old chap stick. I've read quite a few bad reviews about this but I really like it for several reasons:
- It glides on smoothly which makes it a nice base for whatever you're going to put on your lips next.
- It has a really nice smell, I can't quite place it but it reminds me of something from years ago...
- It doesn't wear away too quickly
- I haven't reapplied it in about 4 hours and my lips feel fine.
This final point is the big seller for me, I've tried a few recently that feel awful, disappear instantly and make my lips feel in pain afterwards because they've sucked any moisture out of them!
I wouldn't say this is intensively moisturising if you have very chapped lips- I would recommend the Nuxe one that I will be reviewing later in the week, but I think it's a brilliant.
I think I paid a couple of euros for it so it's not that expensive really, I would really recommend giving it a try.
Here is the cake that I made for the Macmillan Coffee morning at work the other week, I was happier with it than I thought I was going to be half way through it and do you know what? I won the competition on our floor and then I took it downstairs with another girl to enter our cakes in the main competition and I won that too! I'll be honest, I only won the big bake off through lack of competition and the fact I don't like dry sponge but I was still thrilled because I don't really win things like this!
|I had to make the chocolate cakes, everyone loves chocolate. Right?|