Tuesday 8 May 2012

Sunshine shoes

Hello everyone! 
Wasn't it hard going back to work today after the weekend? I had a terrible nights sleep last night and so did quite a few people I was chatting to today - I think it's because there was a full moon at the weekend and that can make people a bit restless. Honestly, I'm not loopy- it's a well know fact amongst care homes that around the full moon all the old people start roaming around and won't sleep properly! Either that or I slept too much and just wasn't tired but I'd like to think it's down to the moon if I'm honest.

It was so dreary when I woke up this morning that I decided my work attire called for something special, something a little more chirpy than the grey outside...


They're from Zara and I'm not sure how well the pictures show this but they're covered in (quite a yellow )gold oval sequins. I saw them on the Zara website before Christmas and wasn't sure if they would just be a bit too much and then I did that thing where you wait a bit to see if you still like them but they sell out in your size and never get them back in stock. Aaannddd I really wasn't sure whether I wanted to pay £55(or roughly that) for them.


Then, one day I was browsing eBay and watch should be there looking up at me- tadaaa! They were in one of those shops, BNWT with a starting bid of £15 and somehow even though I had to sneak of at work and bid on my phone with the VERY SLOW internet I was the only bidder and got them :) 
This is one of so many reasons that I am totally in love with Ebay.
The only thing is that obviously not everyone in my office was ready for the disco that was on my feet and they received a few admiring comments. I'm sure they just wanted a pair themselves, either way I LOVE THEM so I just don't care what people think.
I probably won't be wearing them on any nights out though,just in case I am confused for an adult 6 year old or something.

This all sort of leads me to the fact that I am slowly building a collection of impractical flat shoes- they're pretty, they're comfortable but they are just too embellished/delicate to wear out without trashing them.
Like my Monsoon 'slippers'



I love these too but with a summer like we're having at the moment I can't wear them without staining the 'satin' sort of upper. Gutted.
At least with heels I can accept they can be too high or uncomfortable but surely all flats should be OK? Has anyone else got this problem??

On another note, tonight I went to my 2nd TRX session and it was so tough. If you've never heard of TRX before it's this form of exercise that was designed by a navy seal so that you can build strength and exercise anywhere (so very useful for deployed troops). It's meant to build core strength and stability using your own weight as a workout without adding bulk. Who knows if it's working but my friend and I are just hoping to stop being so clumsy and kick start the bikini body. I might look like Kim Kardashian at the end of the 6 week course but I am beginning to highly doubt it.


After our 'taster' session, my friend and I felt great, totally knackered but like it must be having a positive effect. The next morning, I still felt great because I could jump out of bed and not just crawl into the shower like I was expecting.HOWEVER, by lunchtime neither my friend nor I could move, we couldn't really lift our arms, change gears in the car and typing was a major pain. Don't even get my started on the trauma of going to the loo. This was a Wednesday and we hadn't really recovered until Saturday...
So last week I made sure I had a Radox Muscle soak bubble bath and it was phenomenal, I barely even ached the next day and although maybe it's because we are a little stronger that we didn't ache as much but all I can say is God Bless you Radox because I am sure you were the only reason I could walk the next day.
That's why I jumped in the Radox cloud again tonight- fingers crossed!
I'll let you know what I think at the end of the 6 week course but I'm pretty sure that my balance has improved and I'm less likely to randomly fall over now which can only be a good thing :)

Woah, sorry for such a long post. I'll warn you now if you haven't already guessed it but I am a serial waffler and can't tell a short story so I'm sorry about that now but I just can't change it.

P.S My friend loved the cakes and Nazia, you're completely right- too heavy handed with the pink food colouring so I'll be more delicate next time! Thank you for your comments :)

x

13 comments:

  1. The sunshine shoes are AMAZING!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to wear them now the sun is shining and they can really sparkle!
      I love your blog too :)
      x

      Delete
  2. i like the shoes , follow each other?♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them so much :)
      I'm following you now, lovely blog!
      x

      Delete
  3. The Zara shoes are so cool! Really Unique :D

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophie!
      You're blog is so nice, I'm following you now!
      x

      Delete
  4. i love both pairs of shoes there so pretty x
    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! wanna follow each other^^

    http://preciouslovestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure they made the whole outfit look much sunnier;-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did! I'm so happy they can sparkle properly now that the sun has shown up this week :)
      x

      Delete