Sunday, 8 July 2012


It sounds a bit rude doesn't it? Half of my friends thought I was going to some orgy in the middle of a field when I said I was going down to London to a festival called Lovebox.

It was all organised a little last minute...well, the weekend before and only Friday tickets were still available (couldn't do Sunday as it was Fathers day) so I rang up my friend who lives in London to see if she fancied it and she did. Score!
We lived together at uni and she's one of my best friends but I don't get to see her all that often, despite the fact that we don't live that far from each other so I was so excited about everything.

SO, I couldn't finish work until 15:30, not ideal but I decided driving would be cheaper and for some bizarre reason, easier so I wasn't too worried. The gates opened at 2pm but I thought that as long as we were there for a couple of hours it would be great, we'd get to see Magnetic Man and Hot Chip and just have a nice catchup. Well, it all started to go wrong the moment I went to fill up with petrol before the motorway, there was a massive queue. Not a huge issue, maybe I'll just go a little faster on the motorway (still sticking to the legal limit of course) so this was all going pretty well and nothing could really ruin my mood, not even the massive traffic standstill to get into central London was upsetting me. My satnav was though. 'Go straight ahead', right so is that straight ahead over the bridge or the road running parallel to the left of the bridge? I made the wrong decision and ended up pulling my car over and crying to the radio after a lot of cars started beeping and swearing at me.
It turns out that driving in London is a horrid, completely awful experience and drivers aren't quite as friendly as where I live. To cut a mammoth story short, I eventually got to my friends house at 19:20 and she couldn't really explain where she lived so I was getting a bit fraught. 
For one reason or another we left my friends place in Battersea to get to Victoria Park over the other side of London just before 9. We got there just before 10 after one of the glowsticks had leaked in the back of our taxi which meant we had a whole hour there, woohoo. Or, we would have had a whole hour in there had the bouncers not refused us entry, they had removed the ticket machines and we'rent succumbing to any of our charms. We were so close and could see everyone was loving life and the music just sounded amazing, everyone must have been having the time of their lives.

We did get to use the portaloos though
The closest we got to the action...
It looked amazing and we've decided to go next year, for the whole weekend and actually make it there on time! Did anyone else go and actually make it inside?

Ready for the rave, NOTW- Blue foil from jennysellsfoils- I will be doing a whole post one these amazing foils this week!

Paddington's contribution to jubilee joy

On Saturday morning we were supposed to be going to the Trooping the Colour with a friend of my friends. I was so excited about this, I've been waiting for the perfect moment for Prince Harry to realise that we would be great together and I thought this would be it. I'm sure you can guess what happened? We didn't make it.

Hiding her face because she would rather sleep than see my future husband... 
We did have a lovely day though, we went for a walk through Battersea park to the Kings road in Chelsea which was actually really pretty and I'd never have guessed we were in London at all!
The slightly industrial view from the bridge

Such a cool house, I would like to do something just like that  

So pretty,    all the flowers

Ad Hoc

Very yummy panini
I had to take a detour past Big Ben on the way home, I'm borderline fanatic about it and the past couple of visits we haven't had a chance for a catchup so seeing as the rest of the weekends plans had been a massive fail I decided I was not going to miss this opportunity!

I got lost again and it took an extra 45 minutes to get home but it was SO WORTH IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment